Monday, August 07, 2006

Calling Freddie Kruger…

I had a dream! Not quite like Dr. King, although, if he was a true, red blooded male, he must have had similar dreams… or fantasies at least. Anyway, as I was saying, I had a dream. A very vivid dream it was. It was a rather mild dream (as far as cinema ratings go, probably a PG-13 at worst) but had some erotic undertones. The object of my affection (or do I say attention) in this case was/is a good friend. I did not talk to her anytime close to the period of the dream; I did not see her or a look alike and she didn’t even cross my mind. So it was rather peculiar that she would be the star of my fantasy. Don’t get me wrong, she is a good looking African woman but due to the nature of our relationship, I have never looked at her in that way. I’d be lying if I say I never took in her figure and thought only if, I am human after all but I was not meant to be having such dreams about this person! I mean, Monica Bellucci ain’t dead is she? Tera Patrick still the bongo queen? Then bizarrely (and quite frightfully), she calls me later that evening out of the blue and I’m like, "oh no, this is too much!" So it actually led me to think and ask the question…












Are our dreams innocent?

I mean, seriously, what do you think? Like I said, I have never thought of her in that way (or never thought about taking it there as I have probably thought about every female I know in that way; only if I like to call it – I’M HUMAN YO! A dude at that) and it was just a dream, right? Well, that’s what has been puzzling me. I did go to see her that same evening after she called and actually asked her the above question. I didn’t give her any details about it, so if she reads this, she might want to know more since I was characteristically evasive when I brought it up (the politician in me, eh?) but hey.

Anyway, less deviation. So, I’d like to say it is just a dream but where do dreams come from? Our subconscious, yeah? My trusty Pocket Oxford Dictionary describes it thus:

subconscious —adj. of the part of the mind which is not fully conscious but influences actions etc. —n. this part of the mind.  subconsciously adv.

Based on that explanation, if it influences actions, does that mean I am likely to spring into action at any moment? That is, turn the dream into reality? Nothing happened by the way, as she had reservations about the whole thing, however, from the setting of the dream i.e. the positional situations (plus the fact it was mine), it woulda jumped off but the oddity of it all woke me up (and in true male fashion, I thought about it for all of two seconds, smiled, then turned on the PS2). I found it quite interesting and intriguing but forgot all about it… until she called of course.

I promised less deviation, no? I apologize (however, in deviation, where do I ask no or yes at the end of my statements? Geez Louise) for that and will carry on. What I am after is this:

Am I wrong for having a sexual dream about a friend? This blog is a generalization on dreams but since this particular dream sparked the fire, I have to use it as the guinea pig. I hadn’t thought about it before - conscious, subconscious or unconscious - but since it took place in my mind, does that mean it is a genuine desire I have? Or am I thinking on it too much? Or am I just a perve? Then there is the other angle which is seemingly unlikely but that is life. It’s like Kelly Rowland crooned:

“love lives in, strange places/it’s the obvious that never shows/it can find you/where you least expect it…”

So, question is: does that mean there might be love for us in our future? Or does she have to have the same dream for that to be what it means? I know I appear to be playing Joseph here but did you ever think about dreams? Sometimes they do become reality but on a grander scale, do we just take it as “in-flight entertainment to La La Land” and nothing else? I have been told I think too much and will be old before my time. Too late! I’ve been older than my age (already have the frail body of a tri-digit granny) since I could count. It is a silly inquisition that oddly makes some sense.

If I hadn’t received her phone call, I would have just concluded that I was a perve who had a naughty dream about his friend. Shame on you Chichi! But it was the phone call on the day that just sent my mind racing, wondering if it was a sign. It is summertime you know. The period for summer loving. I wonder… What do you think? I should stick to the perve conclusion and rent a life, yeah? I think so too… foolish Chichi.

However, if I have piqued your interest, feel free to drop a line and let me know how you feel.

WAKE UP!

2 Comments:

Blogger Aramide said...

hmm maybe i shdnt dream again o

9:54 AM  
Blogger Don Chi as Blog Marley a.k.a. El Senor Supremo said...

tell me about your dreams...

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home